Wednesday, November 20, 2019

chuck close and scott blake

this is a portrait of chuck close. This was created in 2014. The medium that he used was oil on canvas. I picked this portrait because he used the three colors magenta, yellow and cyan. This is my favorite because it is very colorful. He uses a grid and turns them in smaller squares. They are painted individually.

scott blake:

this is a portrait of Marilyn Monroe. He created this portrait by creating bar codes. They can actually be scanned and you can see her clips from her movies. I picked this because I thought it was unique and different from other artists. I thought that this was really cool because I have never seen an artist incorporate barcodes in it. I think it's really advanced of him to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment