Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Favorite Artist: Vincent Van Gogh

Although we learned about many artists throughout the course of this class, my favorite artist when we started and my favorite artist now is still the same--Vincent Van Gogh. I love the versatility in his paintings. He did not commit himself to one subject matter, but painted landscapes, portraits, still life, etc. I have also loved the way you can visualize each brush stroke in the paintings, but it is not excessive where it takes away from the overall scene. This painting in particular is Starry Night Over the Rhone. In this painting in particular, the water is what makes it so beautiful. It is immensely difficult to paint water, and he manages to do so perfectly without sacrificing his style of painting. Throughout this class, I have grown to appreciate Van Gogh more than I ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment