Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Chuck Close and Scott Blake

This was done by Chuck Close. Her name is Kara Walker. Out of all his art, I chose this one because he did a lot of white people so I liked to see a person of color represented. I think it is different because it is different than all the ones that he has done before, and shows different techniques for not only skin color but also hair textures. I really liked how it was done. 

This one was done by Scott Blake. I chose it for similar reasons that I picked Chuck Close's image. I liked that he did Oprah which represented a different race, and challenged different ways of doing it from other times before. It is very similar to Chuck Close's work but I like that it is rectangles instead of circles like Close's. The only thing that I do not like is that it is black and white. 

No comments:

Post a Comment