Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Girl with a Pearl Earring painted by Johannes Vermeer

I chose the above painting Girl with a Pearl Earring painted by Johannes Vermeer because the painting was at the center of a book I once read. the book that I read was a mystery that surrounded the history of the works of Vermeer. I was in middle school when I read this book for the first time, I went on to look up more information about Vermeer and his unique works. I learned that Vermeer had only painted a grand total of 34 confirmed works, a very low number for a famous artist. Vermeer's ability to paint natural light truly makes the subjects of his works come to life. vermeer is one of the neverlands famous painters of the dutch golden age of the 1600s. the way that the girl's clothing colors of blue and yellow complement one another against such a dark background are striking. Vermeer is one of my favorite painters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment