Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Thomas Kinkade (Robert Girrard) – The Cottage


This is a painting Thomas Kinkade made under the alias of Robert Girrard. Kinkade experimented with style and subject matter for six years under the name Girrard. During this time, he used techniques of French Impressionists – such as Monet, Manet, and Renoir. I did not know Kinkade had done this and was excited when I found out because Impressionism is my favorite style of art. Similarly, Monet is one of my favorite artists! I chose this particular painting because the subject matter is the same as in most of the paintings Kinkade is known for, yet, the style is completely different. You can clearly see his experimentation with his brushstrokes and the inspiration he drew from impressionism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment