Wednesday, October 9, 2019

head of skeleton with a burning cigarette- vincent van gogh

This was painted by Vincent Van Gogh in 1886. I picked this painting because it's the first time I am seeing it. I really like the details in the skeleton. I liked how he did a really good job of showing the details in cervical spine. He also did a good job of showing the collar bone it really pops out at me. I also like that he added the cigarette as a joke. It's different from other artists that I have seen. He drew this painting while he was studying at the art academy, he wanted to show off his skills at drawing anatomy. He had the draw a skeleton but the painting was optional. This painting showed that he was really talented. I also like the black background that he had incorporated into the painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment